World’s Best Steak Marinade adds so much flavor to your juicy steak. It helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with flavor and creates the best steak ever!
World’s Best Steak Marinade
My hubby and I have been doing the keto diet together and love it! We have a fun trip coming up together and it is time to get rid of this baby weight for once and for all. I have loved this diet because it is more a part of our lifestyle. We are able to eat the meals that we still love, just have higher fat and lower carbs. Well, the keto diet includes a lot of steaks. And today I am sharing with you the BEST steak marinade!
What do you use to marinate a steak?
This steak marinade is packed with dried herbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. These ingredients all come together to give you such amazing flavor and the perfectly cooked juicy steak!
How do you make a steak tender?
There are two ways that I use to make a steak tender. Acidic tenderizers are a great way to get a tender steak. I include lemon juice in my marinade to help to soften the steak. I also break down the fibers by pounding the meat before I cook it.
Why is my steak tough and chewy?
The muscle fibers in meat have to be broken down and the proteins turned into gelatin in order to make meat tender. This happens very quickly over high heat with tender cuts of steak like filet mignon, but tougher cuts of meat require slow cooking, usually in some sort of liquid to keep them from drying out.
How long do you marinate steak?
As soon as your marinade is ready to go you add your steaks and let them soak up all of that delicious flavor. It also tenderizes as it marinates. The minimum to let these steaks marinate is 2 hours, but can also be marinated overnight. The flavor is seriously out of this world!
I love to cook my steaks in a skillet. It only takes minutes to get that crispy brown edge and medium cooked inside. But you can also use this recipe to grill. It is perfect for both. It is going to give your steaks the very best flavor!
I know that you will agree that this is the world’s best steak marinade with the very first bite!
World’s Best Steak Marinade
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper
- 1½ pound steaks, I used rib eye, New York is also great
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, and a pinch of red pepper. Add steaks to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade on top. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the steaks in a skillet:
- Turn the skillet to high heat. Add the steaks. Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until outside is browned. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the steaks to the desired doneness. Mine took about 10 minutes flipping 3 times to get a medium well.
- Top with butter and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
More delicious steak recipes: